Assertive communication can strengthen your relationships, reducing stress from conflict and providing you with social support when facing difficult times. This course will build your confidence and self-esteem. You will be able to avoid manipulation by others, deal with criticism and understand your rights and respect the rights of others.
- Identify characteristics of non-assertive behaviour.
- Why it is not easy to interact assertively with others. Mistaken traditional assumptions and countering them with assertive rights.
- Identifying your own behaviour.
- Responding appropriately to manipulation and/or bullying.
- Assessing the impact of organizational culture.
- Raising self-awareness. The role of personal history and faulty thought patterns. Exploring how identity, fear and habits impact results.
- Enhancing your ability to respond to conflict. Recognizing your conflict style as a factor in assertiveness.
- Considering the role of Emotional and Social Intelligence Witnessing the dynamics of constructive and destructive interactions.